Code of Ethics
The Women's Entrepreneur Society of Corpus Christi is committed to:
- treating every member with dignity and respect;
- providing an encouraging environment for women to share thoughts and ideas;
- acting honestly, truthfully, and with integrity in our transactions and dealings;
- ensuring that the company each member registered with is the sole organization represented by the member;
- requiring that all members are doing business legally in the State of Texas and those with new business ideas are directed to the proper resources to get their companies set up properly;
- ensuring all members act ethically and morally with information shared within WESCC meetings;
- taking responsibility for our actions as an organization;
- avoiding conflicts of interest;
- being a good corporate citizen and complying with both the spirit and the letter of the law;
- acting responsibly toward the communities in which we work and for the benefit of the communities that we serve;
- Being responsible, transparent and accountable for all of our actions; and
- Improving the accountability, transparency, ethical conduct and effectiveness of the nonprofit field.
We work tirelessly to create a positive, open environment for all who participate within our organization. If these practices are not met by a member, and if the board determines that this code has been violated, the member may be asked to leave the group with no refund of dues given.
The Women's Entrepreneur Society of Corpus Christi strives to:
- develop and nurture relationships among women business owners in our community;
- keep talent in the Coastal Bend;
- provide education, collaboration, support, & resources to women-owned small businesses;
- encourage ownership of small businesses by women at all levels of their career.